You count. Be counted.
In mid-March, you will receive an information in the mail from the inviting you to complete the census online, by phone or by mail.
- It determines how many represenatives each state gets in Congress, and is used to redraw district boundaries.
- Communities rely on census statistics to plan for a variety of needs including new roads and emergency services.
- Helps inform how more than $675 billion in federal funding is distributed to states and communities.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE REQUESTED?
The census will collect basic information about the people living in your household. When completing the census, you should count everyone who is living in your household on April 1, 全民双色球大乐透下载安装 (also known as Census Day).
WHAT INFORMATION WILL NOT BE REQUESTED?
The Census Bureau will never ask for:
- Your Social Security number
- Bank or credit card account numbers
- Money or donations
- Anything on behalf of a political party
WILL MY INFORMATION BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL?